Monday, July 23, 2012

Have a Heart

"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard,must be felt with the heart."    Helen Keller

This above quote was taken from a quick read entitled To Heaven and Back by Mary C. Neal. It got me to thinking about choosing teaching as my career path.

I knew in my heart that I wanted to be a teacher at the early age of 9. Did I have people try and discourage me when it was time to make a decision regarding a profession? Yes I did! Have I had times of regret? Honestly, no. I love what I do. In September I begin my 30th year of teaching. It seems like yesterday that it was my first day of teaching.
I look back and wonder where has the time gone? I realize at some point down the road  I will have to face retirement....they will have to drag me out kicking and screaming! I am personally not ready for that chapter of my life. Here is a question,"Will I feel it in my heart?"
How about you? Did you feel it in your heart that you wanted to become a teacher?

Question: How do I get pictures up on my page? Thank you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, I'm your newest follower! :)
    As for pictures...when you create a new post, at the top there should be an insert image icon (looks like a landscape). If you click on it, it will give you options on how to upload pictures (from your computer, from the blog, from Picasa, phone...)
    I usually upload images from my computer, so I click choose files...it takes me to all my files, I choose a jpeg or png file, click open, and it starts uploading it so I can select it and insert it into my post. Hope that makes sense. Good luck...Blogger is a steep learning curve but well worth it!

    Classroom Capers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    I saw your comment on my blog and I came over to check your's out! I left you a comment on my blog about how to get pictures posted, but I don't know if you're set up to get emails about the responses to your comments. I see that someone else beat me to it with steps above. The landscape button is a rectangle button next to the word link at the top of the post when your writing it.
    I'm starting my 27th year of teaching and I still love it too! Yes, I always knew since I was a little kid that this is what I wanted to do!
    Good luck and I'm now a follower of you!
    Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

    ReplyDelete