Danielle over at My First Lovehttp://myfirstlove123.blogspot.com/ gave me the Liebster Award not realizing that I received one recently. I would like to take the time and answer her questions though even though she said I didn't have too.
1. How long have you been teaching? I have taught Elementary for 16 years and Middle School for 15. This year at my request I am back in Elementary. Soooo..... that makes 32 years coming up! Where has the time gone?
2. What is the best "teacher book" you have read? I love the Daily 5/ Cafe Book. It truly changed my way of teaching Literacy in my classroom.
3. Coke or Pepsi? I will drink either Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi which ever is available.
4. What is your dream vacation? I would love to visit Ireland one day since I am Irish.
5. Do you prefer desserts or appetizers? I love both but probably would say appetizers. I enjoy grazing.
6. What is your favorite blog(s)? I really don't have a favorite. Everyone is so talented. I enjoy reading not only the ones pertaining to teaching but I enjoy the teachers that include their own personal tidbits about life. It doesn't have to always be about teaching.
7. Who was your favorite teacher? My favorite teacher was Mr. Griffin. He is the reason I went into teaching. He was my Elementary
8. What is one of your personal goals for the 2013-14 school year? I am switching grade levels..so my goal is have a great time each and every day and not to get overwhelmed with all the paperwork. Another goal is to somehow start creating like so many of you do on TPT.
9. Do you use a store-bought or self-made plan book? We have to do our plan book on line.
10. Who is your favorite children's author? E.B. White- Charlotte's Web is my all time favorite children's book.
11. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging this time last summer. September hit...I didn't keep up with it. My plan is to be better at it this year.
Danielle here are 11 random facts about me:
1.I love to dance
2. I really don't enjoy shopping,even though my husband thinks otherwise.
3. I have twin brothers
4. One summer I spent 6 weeks in England working at Cambridge University as a counselor. That was an unforgettable experience.
5.I enjoy the theater
6.I wish I had taken ballet as a kid..however I know I probably would fall..I tend to do this on occasion..I am not the most graceful person. :)
7.I enjoy doing crafts
8.The News and the Food Network are really the only 2 things I watch when I have time.
9. I am a Christian
10. I would love to own my own business..be it a bakery or a Christmas shop in memory of my mother.
11. I love color of any sort.
Thanks Danielle for the great questions. Please hop over to her blog and check her out as well.