Today was our "Celebration" lunch. I squeezed 28 children into my classroom along with a handful of adults. We dined on pizza,lemonade,cupcakes and dirt. We put out fires left and right to the point where I just wanted to cry! :( I actually did in the bathroom for a split second. I have to say I felt much better! :)
Then it was time for the awards. I wanted to share what I did this year. While I have been weeding and throwing things away in preparation for next year I came across the following awards and I just wanted to share.
1. The Energizer Bunny Award-to the student that has a great deal of energy. Batteries and a wooden bunny were given. I searched high and low for a stuffed bunny. Note to self: Easter pick up some stuffed bunnies.
2. The Mona Lisa Award-given to the student who has the nicest smile. They were given a new toothbrush and toothpaste.
3. Jolly Jokester Award-given to a student who either gets my jokes or is funny as well. A bag of Jolly Ranchers for the occasion.
4. Ravenous Reader Award-for students who are constantly with a book in their hand. Books were given of course.
5. The Bright Ideas Award-given to a student that always has an "idea' to share. Gave orange lightbulbs that were pretty cool! Orange happens to be our school color.
6. Future Author Award-given to a student that has writing coursing through their veins. They were given a notebook along with a pen.
7. The Claude Monet Award-given to a student that loves to draw. Colored Pencils were given.
So those are a glimpse of my awards this year.
Oops I forgot one...
Quiet as a Mouse Award....My students were given mouse cat toys for this award. Hoping they don't figure that out! lol
BTW...I am looking for my 30th follower. Are you out there? If so..email me and I will send you something in the mail.