I am linking up with Courtney over at http://www.swimmingintosecond.com/ for her Top 10 Classroom Items.
1. I love my crate with wheels. Not only can you load up the center with ease. I also drape numerous bags over the handle. I love it! I don't have to make numerous trips to my car to unload...although people would say the added steps are great exercise! lol
2. I always carry a legal pad. They are great to jot down ideas. I usually have a stack located in my office at home. If an idea comes to me...I grab my pad. Plus I love yellow and it always makes me happy.
3. I have stacks of post it notes..not just the Staple's brands..but I I grab from the Target $1 bin when they have seasonal ones. I give them to the students all the time to make connections in their reading. I use them for Tickets Out the door for assessment.
I have a ton of these to store my library. I use them for center rotation. The brighter the better. I love color in my classroom.
I know this sounds crazy..but I try and color coordinate my pen to my outfit sometimes. I put several on my lanyard. I can not stand when I reach for a pen and it is not there. Sooo..over the past few years I simply attach up to three. I think it may be a sickness. LOL
My Mr. Sketch Markers are awesome. Love the colors,love the smell,love how they look on any surface!
I purchased this about 2 summers ago at Walmart. What a great investment! I laminate throughout the school year. It is super easy and light weight.
I can never have too many books. It is so important to provide children with choices. I am constantly on the "hunt" for good Children's Literature. I also love hitting up the library for specific book choices. In addition I use books as a springboard to daily lessons. Even Middle Schoolers love to be read too!
9. My Writing area always has decorative paper. Children edit and when they are ready to"publish" they head on over to my area for their special paper. Sometimes they request a certain pattern to go along with their story that they have written. I am always on the lookout for good deals.
10. A Desk Calendar to jot down all those important meetings, when IEPs are due etc...
In the past I have gotten a free one from our local Teacher Store...however I will admit that I have purchased far prettier ones from Staples with my Rewards Card. They do cost some money. I personally do not like drab as you can tell by my post.
What are your Top 10?