Thursday, June 6, 2013

Teaching is a P.I.C.N.I.C










So here is a question for  all my Bloggy friends.....How often do you keep in touch with parents?


I started the year issuing a folder to each student with an acronym P.I.C.N.I.C........this was a folder that had pockets for notes home and a pocket for Important Papers. The bottom line..... Prepared Informative Communication and News in the Classroom.
At the Middle School level we have an Agenda Book where parents can communicate back and forth between school and home. That's not to say that parents respond to everything that is written.
Another form of communication is via email..there again they do not always respond back. There is  the good old fashion phone method. Half the time they aren't home or you have woken someone up.
I also post on my school website once a week.....Our schedule,homework assignments and News from the classroom so that they have something to talk about during their dinner hour.
Now that I am returning to the Elementary Level, do any of you have any other suggestions on communicating with your parents?





No comments:

Post a Comment