Saturday, August 24, 2013

Is it Friday or Saturday?


Yes, I realize that today is Saturday! My days are all messed up since I have been unpacking like a crazed women in my classroom! But here are my 5 any way...really 4,but who is counting?
Last week, my phone dies along with the bulk of my contacts and my before pictures of my new classroom. My main concern was that they could transfer my Mom's voice to my new phone. She passed away suddenly 3 years ago , the week before Christmas. My sister in turn sent me a voice mail of Mom's voice as a Christmas gift. Every now and then I truly need to just  "hear" her voice. I am happy to say that they were able to fulfill that request but...in the meantime they could not transfer contacts.Over the weekend people have been emailing me their phone numbers. Like I have time for this? So here is my new toy:
I have no clue what I am doing,even though I own an IPad. My girls are showing me all the tips and tricks of this little baby. I am looking forward to using it in the classroom though. :)

Have I ever told you I love the color yellow? Well, aren't these flowers beautiful?:



Every week for the past 5 months I have made sure that there are fresh flowers on my counter. Relators say that to "stage" a house for a showing  you need flowers. They never said you would wind up spending a fortune on them! They are pretty though.

 My husband and I went down to the southern tip of New Jersey tonight to not only have dinner,which I had these:
but to view this:





These are the perks of living in South Jersey. It was simply a gorgeous night. Usually in the summer we don't head south due to the summer traffic,but my husband said,"I know you have been working really hard in your classroom this week. I wanted to treat you!" How sweet is that?


1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad that they were able to save the your mom's voicemail. I was about to be heartbroken if not while reading this. I'm sorry they weren't able to rescue your contacts. Your dinner looked YUMMY and the view is awesome!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete