Thursday, August 16, 2012

Exit Stage Left

EXIT sign ..at 13A.
 How many of you use Exit Tickets as a way to gage whether your students understood the content of your lessons or not? Well, the other day I was weeding through my "stuff" and came across

  Ways to Use Exit Tickets.

Below is a list that will hopefully help you this school year.
 *What would you tell an absent student about today's lesson?
 *What was the most important thing you learned today?
 *I'm still wondering about....
*What area gave you the most difficulty today?
*How does ...relate to...?
*What evidence supports...
*Did working with a partner make your work easier or harder? Why?
 *Describe how you solved a problem today.
*What I found most useful was....
 *What do you still need to know in order for us to move forward?
*Discuss one way today's lesson could be used in the real world.
 *One thing I really liked about today's lesson was...
*What three details can you add to this?

 Now, I don't know about you,but there were days that I will admit that I forgot to do the "Exit" ticket...time ran out..children or Staff interrupted...however I am bound and determined to utilize this technique. Somewhere someone posted a poster board with boxes for each child's sticky note. The boxes are numbered..so I am going to try and use this concept. I will post the question prior to my students entering the room. Hoping this works.

How about you? How do you use Exit Tickets in your lessons?

No comments:

Post a Comment